Wednesday 23 April 2014

Completed: Victoria Blazer Skull Pansy Style...

Instagrammers rejoice! I have finally photographed my illusive Victoria Blazer!
Thanks for all the lovely comments on my skull pansy skirt, now I give you the matching blazer!
Yes Matching!
 I have to confess this has been on the finished pile for quite a while. Even before the skirts existence... We'll gloss over that shall we,
Oh how I love this jacket! Its relaxed without being too boxy. 80's without being too Bonnie Tyler. Not my usual style but it pushed me out of my comfort zone. I'd say it pretty much pushed me off the cliff of my comfort zone! Nevertheless I'm really pleased with it!
I love By Hand London's patterns and this was the first I'd made. However its certainly not the last (Flora cough cough...)
 This jacket has been styled with my new skirt. I wanted to specifically pick out the blue. Its actually a lot easier to style than I anticipated due to almost every colour in the rainbow being represented in the pattern. Oh but did I mention? Cotton Sateen, still totally my favourite fabric! Its so comfy and perfect for this time of year plus the 3/4 sleeves stop me getting too warm.
I decided to line the sleeves initially but in the end relented and took out the lining. It was lovely but it didn't have as much stretch as I'd have liked. The ladies knew best after all!
(I hope you like my unimpressed face due to the Pixel photobombing I had to endure!)
 See what I have to put up with!? Pure cuteness...
Have you made Victoria? Or ever been pushed off the cliff of your comfort zone? Do Tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading what you have to say!
Please feel free to leave me a comment...