Tuesday 16 April 2013

Bee Bee's Great British Sewing Bee Top...

Longest title ever maybe? But this top is pretty awesome. Its more inspired by bumblebee's than the Sewing Bee but still! I know, I know its another Renfrew but with Me Made May coming up I need lots of good basics. I scored this lovely jersey on a little solo trip to Brighton. It was in the remnants and it was exactly what I've been after. It looks very different on the website. If it didn't look so different I would have ordered it in a heartbeat. The grey stripe looks more turquoise.
Nevertheless I got it in the end and the quality is fab! Gill told me it was ex-blumarine. I didn't reverse the stripe on the bands on this one and those that follow me on Instagram saw how little fabric I had but this just meant no waste. I didn't bother with cuffs on the sleeves and they are just about perfect length on me. With the cuffs on they would have been too long. 
 I topstitched the neckline and the cuffs to give a nice neat finish. I couldn't quite match the stripes everywhere though.
So heres the stats...
Fabric: Striped Jersey remnant for Ditto £8
Notions: Thread from Stash £0
Pattern: Renfrew, used before £0
Total: £8
Wearability: 10/10! I ADORE this top. Its the perfect colours for my wardrobe, fits nicely, its nice quality. Can't get better than that!
I will be wearing it whilst watching the third episode Great British Sewing Bee. I do hope they bring it back for a longer series next year. I'm really enjoying it. (in case you hadn't seen on the sidebar, I'm on Team Patrick!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading what you have to say!
Please feel free to leave me a comment...