Thursday 1 September 2011

Self Stitch September 11 Day Uno... Reveal Alexis!


Today I thought it would be nice to mark the first day with my first outfit and a cheeky reveal!
This stoopid top (McCalls 6164) has taken me ages to make even though I thought it would be a simple afternoon one.
I'm not 100% sold on it still as even after adjustments the shoulders are too wide. But I am going to attempt it again as its a good basic top for jersey and for Autumn wearing. Heres my 80's style Dynasty pose as thats what the shoulders feel like! (Hence the name)
I decided to pair it with my Beignet which is sadly getting larger by the second. I think once its totally unwearable then I will unpick it and try to take it in. Its too cute to lose!
Stay tuned as later I will reveal the 3 lucky winners of the giveaway!!!

5 comments:

  1. I love the mustard color. It really looks great with your Beignet.

    Also, you're looking fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you're the incredible shrinking woman! What's your secret? You look va-va-voom fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It goes perfect with your skirt and I think the sleeves give it some nice interest without overwhelming you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh I saw this on Flickr first and I was like Alexis top?...it sure looks like a McCalls pattern I have around here! Lol yes it is very Dynesty or Falcon Crest like. I think it looks nice and pairs lovely with you beignet.
    You look great and are on a roll with the weight loss!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Stevie, you look amazing. I don't know what diet you're following but it's definitely working, that Beignet is hanging off you! The mustard and purple combo really suits you. x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading what you have to say!
Please feel free to leave me a comment...