Saturday 21 September 2013

Fall Essentials Sewalong...

I know my history with sew-alongs has been generally poor since day one, but I've decided its my duty as a online sewist to suck it up and actually take part in one.
As I love Autumn so much I went for the Fall Essentials Sewalong, to keep me in check and make sure I get my wardrobe ready for the colder weather. A Month is a bit of a toughie but i'm hoping I can crack on and finish at least half. That way I'll have some useful layers and pretty items to boot!
Here's my preliminary plan!

  • Fashionable Foundations for Frosty Weather - Zinnia Skirt in Caramel Crepe. Ever since I saw this pattern I was desperate to make it! Therefore its been pushed way up the queue. I know exactly what yummy fabric I want to use, its a bit of stashbusting and a quick make so totally a bonus!


  • Chic Chemises for Cool Climates - Archer Shirt in Cerulean Chambray. This will be my third Archer and not my last! I've had the Chambray earmarked for this for a while. Its one of those classic pieces i've never owned but always wanted to.


  • Fabulous Frocks - Skater Dress in Plum Ponte. This is a lovely dress and another quick make. I've done a quick muslin and had to move the waistline up and shorten it lots but now I intend to make multiples and I have a stash fabric in mind!


  • Underneath it All -Virginia Leggings in Black Bamboo Jersey. Another pattern I had to have straight away! I never sew with black nowadays but I have a silky soft bamboo jersey that is begging to be made into lovely leggings!


  • Those Cosy Nights - Briar Sweater in Nubbly Navy Knit. I know this is my fourth Briar but a sweater knit Briar? Thats got to be an awesome idea right?
  • Baby its Cold Outside - Anise Jacket. This has been earmarked for way too long. I am going to tackle this jacket before I lose the opportunity to wear it in the cold seasons for another year. Not sure on what fabric yet though!

This is preliminary, but most of the patterns are simple yet effective. I may opt for similar projects that are already cut out but it depends on what ends up where in the neverending sewing queue of Stevie's life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading what you have to say!
Please feel free to leave me a comment...