Saturday 18 May 2013

Completed: Peony Hazel...

 I finished another garment! This is my first dress in 2 years! How nuts is that? Its Colette Hazel and its a great summer dress. This fabric is from Ditto in Brighton and is Michael Miller Peony fabric. I have a bit of a love for Peonies and my favourite is a pink one called Sarah Bernherdt after the actress. So when I saw this fabric I had to have it, even though it was quilting cotton. There in lies the problem with this dress. Its not the pattern, its the fabric. I'm not in love with it! I've received great compliments since wearing it out but i'm still not sure.
I used this dress to teach three students last weekend in my new "studio" (read sewing room) We had a great time and I'm teaching another one on 29th and 30th of June. If your interested in joining this class please drop me an email.
Here it is with a purple cardigan. This is mostly how I wear it. I've made a second version from Sateen that is going to be blogged soon and I like that one much better. I just feel this fabric is way too girly for my current style. I think i've grown out of cutesy frocks, but it doesn't hurt to have one in your wardrobe does it?


So heres the Stats:
Fabric: Quilting Cotton from Ditto pre 2013 so 0.00
Notions: One Zip from Stash 0.00
Pattern: Colette Hazel PDF around £10
Total: £10
Wearability: 4/10 Its going to get worn occasionally when I need a girly dress but its not a wardrobe staple for me.

Finally I have to say I love the Hazel pattern. My second dress took me just under three hours to put together. There could be a lot more of these to grace my wardrobe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading what you have to say!
Please feel free to leave me a comment...