Monday 17 September 2012

Completed: Craftsy Lace Keyhole Scarf by Stefanie Japel

Yes I actually finished something! Granted I finished this a little while ago but I've just had time to get pictures.
As the title suggests this was the scarf Stefanie Japel teaches you to knit in the Knit Lab Craftsy Course. It was a beginner course and I loved it. Although not an absolutely base rate knitter I found it so helpful and it gave me confidence to do more lace knitting. 
 I used Artesano's Superwash Merino in Grape. The colour is somewhere in between what the photos show. Its a lovely yarn and this only took up one skein. I think they would make fantastic presents! It took me around two days to finish. As you can see I prefer it as a headband rather than a scarf, it keeps my ears warm and due to my uhmmm adequate bust, it looks a bit pathetic around my neck.
 I decided not to block it as I like the lettuce like frilliness when its worn as a headband. I can wholeheartedly recommend this class. Stefanie is a great teacher. I've now signed up to her "fit your knits" class and I'm learning to knit in the round. Something I never thought i'd be able to get!
Perfect timing for autumn!

4 comments:

  1. I love it! So cute and functional :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is too cute! Love the colour and the fancy frills at the bottom. Best of luck with knitting in the round. I've done a class on it and it's totes tricky but worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading what you have to say!
Please feel free to leave me a comment...