Thursday 29 March 2012

Reveal! I Match My Garden...Renfrew and Lisette

I have a reveal...Well not one TWO!!! 
Don't you love that my outfit matches my flowers? I was so exited when they all started blooming this week and I had to show you!
Anyway less of the gardening more of the sewings!
This is my first go at Lisette 2211 Skirt using the leftover needlecord from my Small Victory Beignet. I actually like it better than I thought I would I think I might have a go at the version without the pleats but this is definately going to be a wardrobe workhorse!
The buttons on the tabs came from Liberty from my last trip there. The tabs aren't the same length but I can't be bothered to fix it. I'll see how much it annoys me first.
Now onto the Renfrew!
I needed a size down. Its a nice pattern. Very easy and quick, I think I need to buy more medium jerseys and sew up a few. but I didn't stay stitch the neckline and my binding was slightly short. It took a lot of fiddling to get it to fit.
The only medium stretch jersey I had in my stash was one I got from Zoe in a Brighton Swap a while ago. I cut the neck binding and waistband vertically and I like the effect. Its certainly comfy and is a nice top for sunny weather. But I will cut a size smaller next time.
Both of these go together so no orphans here hooray! What do you think?

10 comments:

  1. Cute! love the stripes, and then the vertical stripe touch

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still looking for some nice jersey to make a Renfrew, I even popped over to Ditto today looking for something else but with an eye out for jersey but no luck. I'll have to try fabricland although I find their jersey a bit hit and miss. Eventually I'll get some!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that Jersey! Your renfrew looks great, and the skirt is adorable!

    strugglesewsastraightseam.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love your skirt, I love the colour, the fabric and the adorable buttons-looks too cute with your 'dolly' shoes too!! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, I love this outfit to much! They are both excellent pieces in their own right, but also work so well together! And it's lovely how you match your flowers ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look so lovely and ready for spring! I can't wait to make the Renfrew.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute jersey, I love the ice cream colours! The outfit looks great together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy Cannoli! That Lisette skirt is STUNNING!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness! What a fab outfit! And I love that shade of purple - really really nice (and very spring-y!)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading what you have to say!
Please feel free to leave me a comment...