Friday 15 July 2011

American Designers Challenge... "Dot"


For last weeks Sew Weekly challenge. They chose American Designers. I was kinda short on time but wanted to join in. This is where one of my Built By Wendy patterns came in. As Wendy Mullens was my inspiration. This is Built by Wendy 3692 from Simplicity. I wasn't enamoured by it on the pattern envelope as I said before but here it is finally finished and I love it! I lowered the neckline just a tad but it could do with taking in a bit more (As per usual I cut too big for my actual body size.) Its only a remnant from Ditto and less than 30cms of white jersey for the yoke.
I'm pleased to say it fits in with the whole capsule wardrobe thing I've decided to go for and looks good with my Small Victory Beignet.
This week has been a week of prep for sewing more than actual sewing. I have pre-washed loads of fabric and spent most of today cutting up the patterns I want to use in the next few weeks.
Heres a better look at some of the Jerseys,

2 comments:

  1. You're rocking and rolling! I love this top with your new Beignet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely top Stevie and indeed it does look fab with your Beignet. It's a v flattering combo! x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading what you have to say!
Please feel free to leave me a comment...