Saturday 12 February 2011

Elie Finished

I'm not wild on this dress at all. Although it wasn't too short in the end. But it did start off too low! This was before I decided to sew the bust together...
This was after... Which feels much better. I'll have to be a bit careful how I sit though!
Jersey is not my favourite material to make with as I stretch it too much and I now have a wavy hem, and some wobbly seams but I've messed about with this dress so much I've kind of lost patience. Never mind. I'm tempted to make it into a top.
Its all practice in the end!

1 comment:

  1. I struggle with wonky hems on stretch fabrics too! I've done some reading into it, apparently you should use a stretch needle, change your tension, even change your feed dog? I still haven't got it right : (

    ReplyDelete

I love reading what you have to say!
Please feel free to leave me a comment...